At IMI, we are committed to and ensuring that all of our operations/activities do not adversely affect the health and safety of our employees and other interested parties. We are also committed to minimize any adverse impact on the environment. In order to achieve these commitments we have established management systems which will enable us to:
- Identify and control the Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental Hazards of our business activities to protect people and to prevent pollution;
- Assess the associated high risks and implement the necessary control measures to either eliminate or control them;
- Communicate and Consult with our employees, interested parties, and stakeholders;
- Provide a trained workforce with available resources and STOP work authority to perform their work safety;
- Provide a safe place of work;
- Maintain our equipment and facilities to prevent injuries to people and damages to the environment and property;
- Investigate accidents and incidents with a view to eliminating their cause;
- Monitor, review and report on our performance;
- Improve our health, safety and environmental protection performance through the use of self-audits, corrective actions and internal improvement activities;
- Always develop resources including people, equipment and facilities … to ensure safety, health and not adversely affect the environment;
- Ensure complete personal protective equipment (PPE) for Inspector;
- Comply with the legal requirements of the countries in with we operate, and codes of practice to which we subscribe;
The IMI Board of Management is fully committed to the implementation of this policy and will provide resources to support the management system. Specific objectives will be set on an annual basic to support and improve the company’s management of HSE. IMI’s employees will be expected to work in accordance with established health, safety and environmental procedures and regulatory requirements at all time.
The performance of the management system and the supporting objectives will be regularly monitored and reviewed at corporate, regional and local levels to ensure that IMI’s commitments are being met.